Going to Burundi!

Going to Burundi!

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Process

I received more information after meeting with Abby a couple of days ago. Pray for Sister Connections and the directions that the Lord is leading them. There are an overwhelming amount of orphans who need an education and care; pray for Sister Connection's role in that.
As of teaching health, many of the widows have only a few years of elementary school education, so what I will be teaching will be very very simplified.  I will be teaching about the importance of vegtables. If the women have extra money, they usually buy meat rather than vegtables, so I get emphasize the importance of veggies! Deficiencies in vitamin A are very common which result in eye sight issues.
As of right now, the Lord is reminding me of His character. The God who was raised Jesus from the dead in order that we shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). Perish. What a word. We shall not!! There is so much beauty in the process of the detailed plans that the Lord has.Am I able to truly rejoice in waiting is whatever it may be in life? It is easy for me to want ____ (fill in the blank) and develop a heart of discontentment. God’s perfect timing now is to progress in our sanctification in Him and continue to fall on our knees clinging to His feet. “ Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”… "Therefore, my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Shelo, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forever-more.” Psalms 16 1-2 and 9-11.


It is funny how Peter continues to repeats himself because we forget! We forget the character of our father. In Him we are His beloved, we are His children, heirs of everything, yet, I hesitate to speak up because of fear of man. Thank the Lord for your grace.

I get to speak to Oikos on Sunday! A very sweet woman is donating purchased Mary Kay products for the widows, and the funds are going towards my flight there!! For more information e-mail me at lundbeb3@students.wwu.edu  

No comments:

Post a Comment