Going to Burundi!

Going to Burundi!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wenatchee!

      Like I have mentioned previously, I was given an opportunity to speak to Oikos Fellowship (my church) about what I will be doing in Burundi this summer. I remember being in high school and watching missionaries speak to the church about what they will be doing, and imagining myself doing that someday. . . but doubting it would happen. Looking at my name in the bulletin under the missionary category was quite surreal in some sense.
     
     The next step is meeting the high school students who I will be going to Africa with in Wenatchee! I will be driving to Wenatchee Free Methodist Church during the weekend of the 24th of March, and I will be hanging out with the students for a "hang out night" to get to know them. Then, that Sunday, they are going to be doing a fundraiser for the trip that I get to help out as well! I am stoked to be able to meet them and hang out before we go to Africa.

  All funds need to be in by May 1st. The president of Sister Connections has reserved a plane ticket for me. It is going to be about $2,800. . .  a little more than I had anticipated. I will be in awe to see how the Lord provides. I have about $1,200 raised so far. I need about $4,800 totally raised. Any extra money will be donated to Sister Connections to help the widows.
    
Thank you all so much who are praying and also who have helped financially.

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we  rejoice in hope in the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hears through the holy spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:1-5
  

No comments:

Post a Comment