Going to Burundi!

Going to Burundi!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break

" Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves which is yours in Christ Jesus who though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with nothing, taking the form of a servant being born in the likeness of men." Phil. 2:3-7.
I am continually amazed at the Lord's humility throughout scripture and His grace that engulfs our lives continuously. 
During my spring break I was praying about summer plans while I am not in Africa. I have wanted to do recreation facilitation at Warm Beach, but I assumed being gone in Africa would not allow it. Last week, I happened to run across the recreation director at Warm Beach, and everything randomly worked out and I got the recreation job for the summer! The Lord is good and full of surprises.
When I am not in Africa, I will be facilitating team building activities with various groups, facilitating high rope courses, high and low element activities, leading rock climbing, teaching swimming lessons, leading canoe trips, and lifeguarding. Recreation facilitation provides an incredible opportunity to teach people lessons about their self-awareness, trust, communication, relationships, and faith through experiential learning. Because I will be leading recreation activities in Burundi, these skills will be so helpful.
These last four days I have been training to get my level 1 recreation facilitation certification. What I am learning has been very applicable to what I have been learning in school as well. I am so thankful for the people who I will get to work alongside with this summer, and I am excited to see how the Lord is going to grow us all.
In regards to Sister Connections, I have some family members who are becoming supportive of this trip and more funds have come in which is so exciting.
I still need approximately $1800 by May 1st. It is almost there!
I will be making plans to go to Wenatchee soon!
Thank you all who have been praying and also who have supported me financially.
"The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love." Psalms 145:8.

No comments:

Post a Comment