Going to Burundi!

Going to Burundi!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Crazy Story

Last weekend I asked the Lord to provide abundantly for Africa. I began to question the Lord's provision and tried to figure out how I could make enough money to go to Africa. The very next day, I went to church  a little cranky, tired, and discouraged. While I was teaching Sunday School, a missionary from my church told Oikos (my church) about my financial need to go to Africa. After I finished teaching, I walked into the church area, and people began handing me money for Africa! I couldn't believe it; even people who I don't know well gave!

I went into the back of the church to deposit my money, and the Lord provided $1,200!!! The Lord is so so faithful. In the midst of my discouragement and doubt, the Lord blew me out of the water.

 "Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5-6. This has been a favorite verse of mine and I am understanding it better.

Ahhh! I am actually going! I will be getting my shots next week and ordering my visa. In addition to all of this, I have seen my family's heart change about this as well which is another answer to prayers. I only have about $700 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment